View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS View Post
I have this urge for life to be different and better than it is, and every time I try to imagine getting those things I feel helpless to get them. I think sometimes my condition will be the obstacle, other times my condition is the excuse. So I let myself feel bad and mopey because sometimes someone close to me will fix it for me or console me. But every time I get help or support from someone, I feel like I'm taking away from my own drive or ability to try, or to just accept that I can't have it.

I forget where I heard it, but somebody said "Self pity is a prison that you drag others into". Everybody needs help sometimes, we are social creatures after all, but I feel like I'm making a habit of using expressions of self pity to get what I want (not necessarily what I need) or to just shut people out.

I feel like I'm not taking part in life, and just shutting off everything because I don't want to be like that. Is anyone else familiar with this feeling or habit? How did you overcome it, or how have you tried if you haven't?

I'm not a religious person, probably bare minimum spiritual, so I'm hoping for more psychological/emotional/social type solutions. Thanks for reading, thanks for a reply.
Hey Brad,

*edit* Make a plan of what you want, and go for it. Don't let people hold you back, and most of all don't let yourself hold you back.

Go for what you want and don't ever stop.

Cheers

Last edited by Chemar; 10-18-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: NT guidelines
lsamson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote