Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jeffntate, love your avatar. You have to love grumpy cat. Even better is that you responded to redcat.

I fully support getting second or even third opinions on radiology reports.

My first two MRIs were reported back as essentially normal (just some disc, bone stuff). The third MRI report said the lesion in my cervical cord had extended into the thoracic cord since the previous MRI. Lesion....what lesion?? Turns out the third report was right, dirty great lesion all the way from C3 to T12.

I went back to the Radiology practice and complained in person about the first radiologist stuffing up the report. Nothing was done. I wonder how many other people he has killed or injured. Radiologists can get away with incorrect reports more so than most other doctors. If you think about it, the MRIs should be looked at by the referring doctor too, not just the report.

My oncologist told me he had to believe the report because he wasn't skilled at reading MRIs of the spinal cord. Fair enough. But when a Neuro only looks at the report and not the MRI, that's just not good enough.

Can you tell I have a big chip on my shoulder about doctors not doing their job properly. It's true.....they bury their mistakes.
Myelogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote