View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 11:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Opinion on what type of PN I have

Hey everyone - I hope you're all well and healing .
I haven't been on the forum in a while , due to working so much !

Anyway I've been sick for 3 years with nerve pain and numbness - was diagnosed this spring with Pn by way of nerve conduction study by my neurologist who just can't believe I have this at age 30. It does not run in my family.

I understand that there are many types of PN. I am desperate to find out which type I have. I do have some autonomic features - mainly my bladder goes nuts and feels full and irritated ( this was my first symptom 3 years ago)
I have severe bi lateral carpel tunnel which I am curious to know if this is common with Pn

Circulation seems to be poor , especially in my legs ( socks can't have tight elastic, and tights cut off blood flow very easily leaving my ankles purple . In the winter my hands and feet freeze immediately . I got frostbite often as a child. My thighs itch if I go for walks.

Burning is the most prominent symptom, and it seems to be even on both sides of my body. This included my stomach ( so strange , it's almost like having heartburn but much lower ) - my tummy is sensitive to the touch. If I bang my hand or foot the pain response is very exaggerated. My thighs burn, and are weak and crampy. My arms and back ( sort of up my spine ) burn.

Hands are numb in the morning for about 5 minutes and my arms are weak . I'm very thin, and I seem to have very All blood tests are normal. LOW Blood sugar, low iron, good b12, have tested Vit E, Lymes, lupis, brain MRI for Ms, ultrasounds , MRI of tailbone ( had insane pressure and burning for a good 6 months with sciatica, but nothing showed up on the scan ). Thyroid is fine. Hyper if anything. I haven't touched alcohol in a year and a half.

Some ppl have suggested this is psychological or spiritual which I find hard to believe.

I hope someone can provide some insight or any help. I need to get to the bottom of this - it has really changed my life.

Best,
Silver