View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 03:59 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
I have only known one person personally that had Lupus. She was an extremely ill young lady in her 30's. Yes, I used the correct tense, past tense as she is deceased. Her lupus affected so many vital organs, including her heart, and kidneys. She was on dialysis since she was a young girl. She was on disability when I met her but I am sure it was her ESRD, end stage renal disease, which is an automatic qualification.

Must someone with lupus have to wait until it destroys their kidneys and they are on dialysis to be approved for disability?

I am astouded that anyone with any knowledge, even very limited, could not understand how an auto-immune disease should be grounds for disability. By definition, when one's own body is attacking itself, how can that be anything but disabling?

Well, just had to put in my 2 cents. If for no other reason but in honor and memory of the sweet young lady I knew that lost her life to lupus.
Not everyone with Lupus matches SS's definition being eligible for SSI/SSDI, nor is kidney function the only deciding factor of when they'll become eligible.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote