Old 10-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocar View Post
I too received travel vaccines about 35 years ago. Within a month of receiving them I developed MG which progressed to very severe symptoms. Today I still am on immunosuppressants, large doses of Mestinon, pred and IVIG to keep this in check. I do get the inactivated flu shot each year and have never had a bad reaction - neuro feels it's better than getting the flu. Be careful with Vitamin D as was discussed on this thread - if you are prone to hypertension this can raise your BP significantly. We all walk a fine line here in knowing what we can and cannot put into our bodies.
I have not heard of Vit D causing hypertension. I would like some links where you read this, or learned this, please.

The Mayo clinic site which is a bastion of conservative supplement ideology has an article about the reverse:
Vit D deficiency "may" be connected to hypertension
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit...ciency/AN01925

Vitamin D TOXICITY however, may cause increased calcium levels, and this may result in hypertension in some people.
These levels are far and away higher than amounts suggested here on NT.
http://www.news-medical.net/health/V...-Overdose.aspx
Quote:
All known cases of vitamin D toxicity with hypercalcemia have involved intake of over 1,000 micrograms/day (40,000 IU) if taken in an attempt to increase the levels of vitamin D.
1000IU D3= 25 micrograms
Most NT members I have seen are using up to 5,000IU daily.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote