View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Well, I can suck on a Dove milk chocolate piece slowly and let it melt slowly in my mouth.... giving me major chocolate blast without eating too much.

I think ice cream with the fat content, will raise triglycerides too much and that makes for thick blood for several hours, and hence maybe some foot reactions.

I will only eat vanilla HagenDaz, because they don't put so many nasty additives in it. But I rarely have ice cream... if at all.
Since our new refrigerator keeps it better, I've had a little since vacation, however. But ice cream sometimes really bothers my feet.

Watch out for sorbitol in sugar free candy and foods. One mechanism of PN offered, is a sorbitol pathway (polyol), in the peripheral nerves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyol_pathway

I have to say histamine containing and releasing foods and
nightshades cause me more grief than sugar. But I do avoid most treats most of the time...but after all a little now and then, I seem to crave. I am only human after all!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote