View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 12:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi redcat. I agree, the psychologists/therapists that I had dealings with at work, for things like group sessions to adapt to change, bullying in the workplace etc were pretty near useless. I used to feel we were going through the motions just to satisfy work Legislation.

Have you seen a properly qualified Psychiatrist? As I said on my other thread, I never thought I'd ask to see a psychiatrist but I'm extremely pleased I did. The difference between a therapist and a psychiatrist is immense. Oddly enough, we have something else in common. My GP and Physician both said that I was coping very well. I didn't feel like I was coping, I felt like I was drowning. Even the psychiatrist said I had good coping mechanisms. I didn't want him not taking me seriously so I told him it was all acting.

I've seen the shrink 3 times now and from the very first day, he made me feel better about myself. I hadn't felt like that in a long time.

Please find someone you can relate to. I can't stress enough how great it is to finally feel as if someone understands and is going to help. In the meantime, if your music makes you feel better...go for it!

I have a dirty great old ginger cat sitting on my lap and she's getting heavier by the minute. I hate to kick her off but she doesn't do these old hips any good.

Thinking of you.
Myelogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote