View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 10:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather D View Post
I have been on Lyrica for 2 years. I now take 50mg daily and I cant stop. I have tried several times. I recently tried to go to every other day and had extreme dizziness and nausea. So I started again. That was two weeks ago and I still am having extreme dizziness. I am having a hysterectomy in a week and a half. Prob not a good time to stop but I have vacations in Jan and March. Any ideas?
Hi Heather,

I am just at the end of getting off lyrica. I did it slowly. Was on 100 to 125 mg a day. My doc set up the schedule which was too fast so I just did this:

4 pills...25 mg every 8 hrs for 3 days
2.5 25 mg spaced thru day for 3 days
1 25 mg every 12 hrs for 3 days
1/2 25 mg every 12 hrs which is where I am now

I do have some symptoms but I am just trying to eat well and take good care of myself. I am sweating alot with any exertion and I too feel some dizziness and clumsiness and headaches. I do have to say the beginning was worse...I have been on them for yrs, I think something like 5 or 6 yrs.

I have broken apart the capsules to make the 1/2's. I would suggest just going slower instead of doing every other day. Also, maybe not a good time to mess with your meds 1.5 wks before surgery. I wish you the best with taper and surgery. Take care, Diandra

p.s. forgot to mention my doc letting me take lorazepam to calm down all the jitters and racing mind but some folks mentioned Benadryl helps. doc also let me take clonidine but I was really given that because I a going off norco(hydrocodone) next.

Last edited by Diandra; 10-20-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: more info...
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote