View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Doc, it just didn't occur to me that "being sent to Coventry", wasn't internationally recognised. I'm glad I imparted something new. My first positive for the day.

You're comment re: cold day in hell before you trusted an Aussie, was so relevant. That's why I assumed we were debating. I loved it. I love having my flawed thinking and the way I express them criticised. I mean criticism...in a good way, in a learning way, in a self improvement way. We don't always see ourselves as others see us and sometimes society is just too polite to set us straight. (and sometimes not so polite )

I also have the added problem of having a degree of Autism (proven by chromosome analysis) and need feedback from others to determine if my thinking, behaviour and reactions are within societies norm. That is part of the reason I wanted some reassurance (or not) from the Psychiatrist that my reactions and emotions were normal and justified. I was a bit shocked to find that I had skipped anger, in the process. I'm still trying to process that emotion, not sure I'm doing it right. I'm trying to hold onto it so I can resolve it but it keeps seeping through my fingers and leaving nothing but despair. I feel anger is a positive emotion and despair is lack of emotion. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but I'm willing to learn the truth.

You are very articulate Doc. Do you work in education? Journalism?

I used to be a research assistant in the healthcare setting. I never did anything brilliant, just the hard slog of data gathering and cross referencing within given parameters. Others would set the task and I would do the practicalities including consenting participants for research studies etc. I enjoyed it even if it was a tad undemanding and at times, boring. I rarely saw the results of the research. The data etc was sent off to some University or other to interpret and I would have moved on to something else. It involved a lot of walking and delving into files in rooms full of archived material. Ahh, I can smell the dust, age and mould as I type.

I can't believe I used to love "Lost in Space". What was the robots name again? I remember he was always saying "warning, warning, warning". I need someone like that in my life.

Do you have a thread Doc? I feel I'm at a disadvantage. I understand you have pain and disability and have had the medical run around but I don't know if you have given your history elsewhere on here. Maybe you have kept that private and I shouldn't be asking.

Nice to chat.

Bye.
Myelogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote