View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi redcat. I hope you're doing well today.

I hadn't thought about asking for a volunteer in the pool. That's not a bad idea. Thanks. Last time I went I was still able to get out of the pool by myself with some help but now that my legs don't do what I want them to, I may need a hoist or something to help me out. (I'm not thin......understatement). I didn't notice if the pool had that kind of equipment but bearing in mind it is for hydrotherapy I'm sure it must have that kind of equipment somewhere.

My two cats and a dog are my reason for living. They are the reason I struggle out of bed every morning, they are the reason I worked hard at physio so I could come home from hospital. I used to have two dogs and one cat but my little girl (Teeny Dog) got sick two weeks before her 13th birthday. She got sick one day and was euthanised the next. Very quick and thankfully not painful. It turned out she caught a virus off fruit bat saliva from half chewed date palm fruits. She got progressive paralysis until her breathing was starting to be affected and so I pulled the plug. (Sounds a lot easier than it was, it was 20 months ago and I still miss her every day). A few months later my father gave me a little kitten from the local Council rescue pound. She had had a hard life until then and now I promise her a good home for life. So now I have Gidget (11 year old Kelpie), Betty (10 year old domestic cat) and my new girl, Baby Boots. They all get on well together except when the cats try to pinch the dogs bed. Gidgets basket is her territory and it's a brave cat that tries to lie in it.

Both cats like to play "catch the dogs tail" although Gidget isn't as keen. I find it very entertaining.

Redcat, have you listened to any Toni Child's music? I find it touches my soul.

Now for the challenge of vacuuming from my wheelchair....love it
Myelogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (11-06-2013)