View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Jamie,

Straterra is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. It may be changing your available norepinephrine and epinephrine.

In my experience, there is a huge overlap between ADHD and PCS attention struggles. The PCS brain often struggles to filter out distracting stimuli. I would not be quick to attribute your ADHD like symptoms to ADHD and not to your PCS.

If you are used to a busy and active life, you may not be letting your brain settle down so it can heal. This makes it all the more sensitive to distraction.

I suggest you try to slow down with your active life and your expectations of healing. There is no such thing as a "very mild" concussion in relation to recovery time. Diagnosing concussion intensity is problematic. Every impact and every patient is different. Anybody who tries to predict a recovery timeline is without any medical evidence. The only thing they can say is that 85% of concussions recover spontaneously. The stats do say that the concussions that do not recover spontaneously are difficult to predict a recovery timeline. The longer the recovery time, the greater the chance of an even longer recovery.

So, please try to slow down and wait on your brain to recover.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote