View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
This is really a difficult situation. It would be difficult to prove your mental state of mind as being a reason to collect unemployment. Also, the fact that you were put on temporary leave leads one to believe the employer found you possibly be unable to perform the work.

Not sure if this is 'good advice"; but do see ads on T.V. with law firms trying to help with collecting "disability, etc. I believe they only charge if they are successful in obtaining funds for you. It might be worth a try to give them a call and explain your situation.

Gerry

The real reason that any legal firm can 'brag' that they only charge if you are approved is that it is illegal to do otherwise. No one is legally authorized to charge a fee that is not approved by SSA and the law only allows the fee to be a percentage of any retroactive benefits. So when the ad includes that claim, it is true, but it is true because it is illegal to do otherwise.

There is an ad in my city that includes pictures of happy and healthy looking 30 something 'clients' giving testimonials about how this attorney 'got me my disability benefits'. I do know that some medical conditions are invisible, but still...

For the original poster, if you are able to work at any kind of job, it will be hard for you to be found disabled for Social Security. Perhaps your state has a short term disability program that could pay you a check while you stabilize your condition. Perhaps there is a less stressful job available at your company or maybe somewhere else. You do have a lot of choices to make, but if you are able to work, that is almost always the best thing to do.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote