View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myelogirl View Post
Hi Doc, it just didn't occur to me that "being sent to Coventry", wasn't internationally recognised. I'm glad I imparted something new. My first positive for the day.
Could also be my lack of culture.

Quote:
I also have the added problem of having a degree of Autism (proven by chromosome analysis) and need feedback from others to determine if my thinking, behaviour and reactions are within societies norm.
Asperger syndrome or something else? A few of my in-laws have that; my side of the family is just socially inept. Help me out here—does chromosome analysis actually prove something like that, or just indicate a genetic predisposition?

Quote:
You are very articulate Doc. Do you work in education? Journalism?
Thanks, so are you. I've worked in education and written professionally (among other things). Alas, my skills in those areas are not what they used to be. The ravages of illness and a few medications have taken a toll. I struggle a lot with vocabulary, usage, and grammar—particularly in choosing words to convey my meanings, hence I use a lot of "/"s between words/terms (and sometimes they just mean "and/or")...

Quote:
I can't believe I used to love "Lost in Space". What was the robots name again?
That blundering bungling bubble-headed booby? He was just called, "Robot".
You can be the first kid on your block to purchase one (full-size replica) of your very own for only USD $24,500!
http://www.lostinspacerobot.com/index.html
(No affiliation—I just came across this site while looking for a clip of him on YouTube)

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote