View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Smirk Getting off the Lyrica Subway

Hello,

Am new here. Contracted Transverse Myelitis 4 years ago, and with the 5 spinal operations stemming from an industrial accident giving me 7 fused vertebrae, and the TM I am lucky to be walking. Take 300mg-450 Lyrica and 600 Gabapentin/day for nerve pain caused by the Transverse Myelitis. Really, it was the only thing that could stop the all-over bee sting pain. Plus, due to the previous accident damage to the spine, the TM added to it caused an "anomaly" in the brainstem, causing me seizures, which are mostly under control now, with 300mg/day Dilantin, and - amazingly - a teaspoon of brown mustard morning and night.

My dear, patient and caregiver wife has been telling me that my mind is definitely slipping - memory, etc. Then read that Lyrica causes reduction in new synapses being formed! Must get off it! Have tried before, but the pain came roaring back each time. Only Gaba can substitute for it.

How much coffee I drink just to stay upright and conscious! Maybe 2 large pots/day, plus strong tea in between. Same with any of you others?

Thanks,
Malugssuak
malugssuak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote