View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 09:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Why is the body turning on itself in presences of gluten protein? What causes our bodies to react to violently to wheat and oats?

The human body is not capable of digesting the gluten protein. It is stored and builds up in our bodies. When we eat it in excess, as in a western diet, we have a severe reaction to it.

Did you eat grains when you were pregnant with your son? Deos he have the HLA DQ2 and 8 genes? Maybe his fight against it began in utero. Though your son did not have it in excess as you did not, maybe what he had was more than he could tolerate.

Also, the GE of grains in the US and other developed countries have been altered such that a grain is significantly higher in sugar.

Currently, I am studying the neurological effects of tannins in grains. The question I am trying to answer is this: do persons who are neurologically affected have as strong or stronger reaction to the tannins in gluten containing grains or to the protein itself? There's not much out there, that I can decipher, but I am working on it.

Leslie
Swuzly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote