View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

'Dogsbody,' eh? Oh, this is going to be FUN!
It's the new hit game show that's not just sweeping the NATION—it's sweeping the GLOBE!
(Drum Roll, please...) Ladies & Gentlemen.... Welcome to IDIOMS!
I used to communicate much better in writing than I do now, but I've always communicated better verbally.
Quote:
I quite often can't think of the word that fits a certain situation at the time I need it.
Same here, and it applies equally to verbal & written. It's like I know the word I want to use, and I know that I know it. I haven't forgotten it; I just can't bring it out—like it's hidden in a fog or something. Sometimes I know what letter it starts with, or I can see part of it, or I know a word that sounds kind of similar, but not quite close enough... It's infuriating!

At least when I'm composing/writing something I can stop and bring up a... dang, what's another word for 'thesaurus'?

Quote:
Those touchy freely, group therapy team building weekends used to freak me out.
Uh-oh... I used to design & run some of those... Not so much the touchy-feely type—more the cooperative effort activity type—it depended on what the client wanted, and touchy-feely wasn't (isn't?) politically correct at Megacorp here.

Haven't slept in two nights myself. Pain in my neck has kept me up, and I ran out of amitriptyline (low dose for sleping with chronic pain); it's due any day...

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote