View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
Had my 6 month check up a couple of days ago. They are upset that I refuse ALL dmds now. I got the lecture on how much danger I am putting myself in ...I said "look, I eat clean, I exercise, I dont smoke, dont drink, and I am in great mental health shape, so why would you want to set me back?" Then they started on the MRI scanner. I said NO! I dont need one every six months, I just dont. I said every two years. They said every six months. We settled on once a year. I got half what I wanted, but they got half as well. Now when they try to schedule it, I will push it out as far as I can. HA!

I walked the dread Rabbit Hollow road today. its STRAIGHT UP! 45 degree angle. I made about 1/3 of the mile, and had to stop. dripping with sweat, covered in bugs and blind as a bat while i huffed and puffed for air to get into my burning lungs. Whooo! what a ride.

My BP has gone from 136/90 to 102/68 and my resting pulse has gone from 88 to 64 so my body is starting to show some recovery from the 3 or 4 years of sitting in a chair not feeling good, and whining about not being able to do anything. Oh boy are there days that I DONT want to go, but I go. Some days draggign a leg, blind and whiney, but I go. I cant believe the increase in my own energy level. My skin looks so much better. On C it was ruddy, and psoraisis pocked. now its back to smooth and clear.

I swear, I would not have made it without all of you. I literally thought I would lose my mind that last year I was on C. it was stealing my life force from under me. I felt awful, I looked awful. I was winded going from the bed to the toilet, and God forbid I needed to walk more than 50 steps. I would sit in the middle of target ON the floor and wait for the energy to get to the electronics isle. Never went to any store without a buggy to lean on. many days took the ride on buggy. step by step, inch by inch I am peeling off the layers. I refuse to turn 50 next June and be in the same shape I was in at 48. I just refuse! So, thank you to all of you for listening to me, and putting up with me.
No one here is putting up with you, we're supporting you! Good luck on your path.
Bethsca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (11-03-2013), ANNagain (10-22-2013), Erika (10-22-2013), ewizabeth (10-25-2013), KittyLady (10-25-2013), SallyC (10-25-2013)