View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Molly,

The root canaled tooth is definitely unhealthy for the reasons I posted earlier. But many dentists do not remove rc teeth unless there is swelling and other exaggerated physical symptoms. However, symptoms do not always indicate how severe the problem is... so it is not always wise to just go by your symptoms.

The fractured tooth may also be in jeopardy but that needs further evaluation. Did your dentist take xrays of both teeth recently?

You could call your dentist and tell him you are concerned about restoring these teeth because you feel they may be unhealthy and you would like them evaluated further. Ask him for a referral to an oral surgeon for an evaluation.

I know you are scared... you have been through a lot and of course you just want to take care of the problem and be done with it.
I am concerned that you have not been completely informed by your dentist and possibly the ENT dr. Although this is unfortunate, it is also unfortunate that it is pretty typical.
If they have informed you (somewhat) of the things that I have, then you may not have understood what they were saying. I cannot determine which of those things has happened... but either are possible.

Can you call your dentist and ask him for that referral to the OS?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyW2013 View Post
So, if I have both teeth removed, as they are right next too eachother, will this fix the issue by chance? Do you recommend being on antibiotics prior to the extraction?

I'm really scared! I'm not sure where to turn. I guess I can call an OS and see if anyone will see me.

Thanks for your answer. I will keep in touch.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote