Old 10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Molly,

The root canaled tooth is definitely unhealthy for the reasons I posted earlier. But many dentists do not remove rc teeth unless there is swelling and other exaggerated physical symptoms. However, symptoms do not always indicate how severe the problem is... so it is not always wise to just go by your symptoms.

The fractured tooth may also be in jeopardy but that needs further evaluation. Did your dentist take xrays of both teeth recently?

You could call your dentist and tell him you are concerned about restoring these teeth because you feel they may be unhealthy and you would like them evaluated further. Ask him for a referral to an oral surgeon for an evaluation.

I know you are scared... you have been through a lot and of course you just want to take care of the problem and be done with it.
I am concerned that you have not been completely informed by your dentist and possibly the ENT dr. Although this is unfortunate, it is also unfortunate that it is pretty typical.
If they have informed you (somewhat) of the things that I have, then you may not have understood what they were saying. I cannot determine which of those things has happened... but either are possible.

Can you call your dentist and ask him for that referral to the OS?

Bryanna
Ok, saw my dentist today. He took Xrays, and did a few tests where they make you bite on something, blow cold air on you, etc....
He says Xrays look good. He said I had no response on tooth that had a root canal. He said I had some issues with the cracked tooth. I told him I didn't want to do the crown till I had another opinion. So, he is sending me to an OS for a consult.

Quick other question, my GP recently did a lot of blood work, due to the indications of the MRI scan of my brain, which she is referring me to a neurologist for. The blood tests were C Reactive Protein, SED Rate, and CBC. Would any of these be elevated if there is an infection? I can get the results tomorrow if I drop by her office.

Thanks so much! I appreciate your comments. I am a bit wary of all things medical, had a few traumatic experiences before that turned out to be the error of the doctor... so I've turned in to a bit of a hypochondriac.
MollyW2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote