View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh boy, MENSA!

I was no where near that to start with let alone now.

I have just returned from my physio session. The physio is adamant I need hip and back surgery. He said that even if I don't gain any extra mobility from the surgeries, I will have less pain. Now to convince the surgeons

Doc, I know I shouldn't but I have a sense of satisfaction about what happened to the Department I used to work in.

When I worked there I was always amazed at the amount of effort everyone put in, to avoid doing any work. Even my Manager. They really were incredibly lazy and unproductive. I was happy enough to go to work and do whatever needed doing, I figure if I'm being paid to do a job I may as well give it my best shot. There is nothing to lose by being conscientious. In fact it's quite fulfilling.

Within 6 months of my retirement my old Department was disbanded. No one retained their jobs. I keep telling myself I should feel sorry for them having to look for new jobs in this economic environment but I can't help being a horrible person and quietly rejoicing. For years I did the day to day slog and my Manager took the credit. I didn't really mind at the time because I have never been ambitious. I just wanted a secure job that was mostly satisfying. I never once asked for my name to be referenced on the research documents. My Managers name was all over everything.

I have had one lucky life. Born in a great country in a stable family. Grew up with boundaries and values and principles. I worked in a job I didn't hate. I bought a house at the bottom of the market and sold at the top. I'm financially secure without being rich.

If only my body would co operate, I would have it all.

Hope you get some sleep Doc.
Myelogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote