Thread: Horses
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

chocolatebell, I am glad to hear you are riding again and have made adjustments to make it safer for yourself and are riding quieter horses and doing less training etc.

Nutkin, what a serious accident you had! Goodness! How long ago was your accident? I'm sorry that you seem to have lost your passion. Do you feel you might be depressed following your injury? Its not uncommon and loss of passion would be a symptom of depression.

Ginnie, perhaps swimming with horses is more common in Florida? I've not heard of it here at all... interesting idea though. Much of the year it would be far too cold for that, to do it outside anyhow And I can't imagine the demand would justify the cost of indoor facilities.

Winks, I agree with you that balance is extremely important for riding and absolutely its a very personal choice whether to ride again or not and if so, with what trade offs for risk tolerance. I respect your decision to choose not to ride again, for you, the risks are too great, that makes sense.

Best wishes to you all!
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote