View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default This Beautiful Planet

I just got home from visiting DS35 & his family in CO. We went for a couple of drives on the way to somewhere, and I couldn't believe the stark beauty of the mountains there. We'd drive on flat roads, turn a corner, and suddenly a mountain would appear...
Then we had an unexpected snowfall, and it was so beautiful as it fell and landed on the fir trees...I was transfixed (even though snow is not my friend).

One evening we were playing a card game. DS & DIL's living room has a window in their cathedral ceiling with an aspen tree outside of it. The full moon shone through the window and the branches with the fall color, and we all took a break from our game to stare at the beautiful sight.

Honestly, it was so wonderful to get out of my head (and all that's wrong with my body) to enjoy the beauty of our world. I made myself a promise to get out of the house, winter or summer, to enjoy all that has been provided for us in nature.
ANNagain (10-22-2013), barb02 (10-22-2013), doydie (10-22-2013), Erika (10-22-2013), Kitty (10-22-2013), SallyC (10-22-2013), tkrik (10-22-2013)