View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 02:02 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Dishonest? Moi?

Pure as the driven snow etc, etc.
I fear that he failed to recognize my genius. Kept wanting to talk about prostates and blood pressures. Horrid little man.

And so I cinch up my straps and face the windblown snow. Here is our story to date.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vi...ent-vitaminb12

"The human body stores several years' worth of vitamin B12 in the liver, so nutritional deficiency of this vitamin is extremely rare. However, deficiency can result from being unable to use vitamin B12. Inability to absorb vitamin B12 from the intestinal tract can be caused by pernicious anemia. Vitamin B12 deficiency is common in the elderly. HIV-infected persons and vegetarians who are not taking in proper amounts of B12 are also prone to deficiency...."

"Studies have shown that a deficiency of vitamin B12 can lead to abnormal neurologic and psychiatric symptoms. These symptoms may include ataxia (shaky movements and unsteady gait), muscle weakness, spasticity, incontinence, hypotension (low blood pressure), vision problems, dementia, psychoses, and mood disturbances. Researchers have reported that these symptoms may occur when vitamin B12 levels are just slightly lower than normal and are considerably above the levels normally associated with anemia. People at risk for vitamin B12 deficiency include strict vegetarians, elderly people, breastfed infants, and people with increased vitamin B12 requirements associated with pregnancy, thyrotoxicosis, hemolytic anemia, hemorrhage, malignancy, or liver or kidney disease. Administering vitamin B12 orally, intramuscularly, or intranasally is effective for preventing and treating dietary vitamin B12 deficiency."

Well, we shall see where this path leads. I have diluted a Jarrow 5000 to begin by crushing one tablet into a bottle containing 50 droppers full of water and taking one of those.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote