View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much mrsd for sharing this information with us! First of all, it's encouraging to hear that there are medical professionals out there who actually believe in this condition and realize it's not "all in our heads"!

Alot of what you said hits the mark in my particular situation. Narcotics - tried many of them and only succeeded in feeling like a zombie. The NASAIDS did nothing as far as pain. Trigger point injections -- OUCH!! Don't know what she hit, but almost threw up and passed out from the pain with no good result as well.

Goes along with an overactive immune system -- I also have MS which is thought to be the same. Triggered by a drug -- my fibro started while on one of the injectable drugs for MS. It is interesting to note that the pain doesn't come solely from the "trigger points". For example, I've found trying to crawl on my hands and knees is impossible because of the pain. Even on carpet, it feels like my knees are on broken glass.

At my up-coming neuro appointment, I'm planning on requesting a muscle relaxant for spasticity so guess I'll try Flexeril!

Did he mention any connection with weather changes since most of us experience excessive pain then, especially when the barometer is falling?

Osteoarthritis, yes, since my 20's. Family connection? Seems like everything was called arthritis or rheumatism. So far the only thing I've found that takes the edge off is Aleve (naproxin).

Thank you again and please keep us informed if anything else new develops!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
andie1955 (09-26-2009), BittersweetSerenity (03-09-2011), Dew58 (06-02-2009), firewolf3251 (09-13-2014), GmaSue (07-12-2009), snookie12303 (02-28-2011)