View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello to Everybody from a Newbie!

Hello Everyone here at the Peripheral Neuropathy site!

Since I am new here, I wanted to say hi and to get to know the forum. I appreciate advice and suggestions re: researching medical treatments for PN and how to find support groups.
I currently live in Germany but was born in Washington,DC - it is very interesting to read about people`s PN experiences in the States compared to what is considered "the state of the art of pain treatment" in Europe.
My pain problems started when I had a dental implant job done in Poland last year.The dental clinic had great advertising and was run by two dental surgeons from Germany . What a mistake I made! One year later...the dental implant was botched, and the dentists at that clinic had no training in diagnosis of failed implants.So my pain ie the cause of the pain went untreated for many months and now three different neurologists tell me I have all the symptoms of chronic pain.Finally I found a dental surgeon in Berlin who will perform surgery today to correct the improper angling of the implant.This surgery today is the best dental science can do for me to stop ongoing injury of sensitive tissue.But nobody can predict whether the damage to the nervous system can be reversed or whether it is too late.So I am taking things step by step. All three neurologists agreed that Gabapentin is the drug of choice in my case and I have complied.Looking forward to the oral surgery this afternoon, I wonder whether my life will ever be my own again - without pain.I wish there were hope for recovery !!! Thanks Everybody...Elaine55
Elaine55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote