View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 06:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr. Weaver

I've already made a very long post about Dr. Weaver elsewhere, so I'll make this one kind of brief.

Dr. Weaver is a vascular surgeon at USC. I went to see him and found him definitely to be very vascular oriented. I think that he is a good surgeon and experience it during TOS surgery, but really concentrates on vascular issues and maybe isn't so much of a nerve guy.

I only met him once, so I could be wrong, and he didn't have any special testing to send me for. He did suggest that a physical therapy was hoping maybe I should go for three more months and then come back and see, which I didn't really want to hear because frankly I was quite ready for surgery at this point. His approach is a supraclavicular rib resection with complete removal of the middle and interior scalene muscles. At the time I thought this sounded like a pretty good deal because eliminated the 25% chance of the second surgery.

I was pretty keen on him, but it took forever to get an appointment. My trip to Denver was a little later than I had hoped, and he said that if the Denver docs all said they were ready to operate he would be willing to operate that I didn't have enough time to get that appointment and get back in to talk to him and think about it. I did have the same problem with his nurse practitioner does a good fillers nurse practitioner. I didn't feel like she understood TOS. I didn't feel like she took a good history, and I didn't feel like Dr. Weaver gave my records The kind of going over that I would've expected. I think she picked and chose when he looked at and personally I think she missed some of the highlights.

Also, after my Denver trip and the left scalene with Dr. Sanders. I think I realized that nerve compression was a bigger factor than I had previously realized. So even if I had time to pursue Dr. Weaver, given that he's not much of a nerve guy I might have still decided to go elsewhere.

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote