Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue

I don't know what it is with Weezie.... She has always had the
"natural" ones. Not a lot, either.

But she also gets the runs now from Chooka (our cat word for whipped cream). Maya does not have problems with it and gets a small amount daily for her treat. Oreo was huge on whipped cream and hubby tried it on Maya since there was some left when Oreo died, and sometimes Weezie steals some. We give such a small squirt compared to Oreo --when O was so ill that was all she would eat some days!

We used to give a few treats (4 or 5) to our cats on the dock, as
rewards for sticking close to home, upNorth. Oreo used to take off sometimes for a day and make me crazy with worry... but Sheba and Tippy did not. I've used the treats to catch them for their cages sometimes for the trip home. Every season they would learn a new evasive trick and we'd have to figure out a new capture trick etc etc.

This summer Weezie was really having the runs...and not Maya, and they eat basically the same thing. So I stopped the Temptations, and Weez is better. I don't know what gives yet, as I haven't figured it out. When she was young that one vet we tried was a paranoid parasite obsessive and she wormed Weez with 3 products even when the stools were clear. So I don't suspect parasites for her.

So Weezie gets for treats, the Fancy Feast food kibble. She likes that so much it has become a "treat". But you know IAMs had
another recall on Eukanuba this year.(salmonella) Actually both she and Maya beg for those Fancy Feast! Sort of undoes our Wilderness kibble attempts. I was concerned about Blue Buffalo mentioned in that article. I think I'll stop the Buffalo Wilderness for a while. How can we find out where the chicken comes from in those products? I don't recall seeing "chicken from China" on their labels! Who is going to put that on there anyway?

That TV show on Science Channel has "how its made" features. And once they did pet foods...cat and dog kibble. The plant they showed was in Canada. But that doesn't mean all the ingredients in the kibble comes from Canada by any means.

After all, I was pretty sick this summer from Chobani yogurt of all things. It has locust bean gum in it to thicken it. And if ours was not part of the 1/3 recall for diary contamination, then it was the gum, working on ME and perhaps some GI strain that fermented it too much and making me have cramps all summer? I quit it a week before we left, and by the leave day, I was recovering so I didn't have to stop often driving back alone. I don't want to go thru THAT again, so now I screen my food even more critically than before!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (10-23-2013), Kitty (10-23-2013), RSD ME (11-02-2013)