Old 10-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue

Our cats won't touch Greenies!

I think the current China chicken thing has been hidden so long,
that the figures reported, are alarming. There are probably so many deaths falling under the radar. For example we had FOUR vets to get Oreo properly diagnosed for her cancer, and even then the 4th vet didn't believe the biopsy report, and treated her for lymphosarcoma anyway and she lived a whole year longer. He said if she had had the mast cell carcinoma she wouldn't have lasted 2 months.

So getting a proper diagnosis of poisoning in pets, is going to be difficult... and hidden. After all there is no CDC for animals!

A young healthy dog may not respond to this particular contaminant as an older dog might. If an older dog presents, with symptoms, it might be blamed on age and organ failures etc?

When it comes to Listeria contamination in human foods, often only the elderly get sick at times...so it can go on for a LONG time. We had a meat packing source in my state that had contamination from leaking water pipes over the packaging line, for a long time before enough people did get sick (some died) to explore for it. I imagine I ate some of that ham at times even!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (10-23-2013), RSD ME (11-02-2013)