View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mark,
We found Dr Saglimbini at the SOAR clinic in SJ. I like him. He sees a lot of athletes who have not recovered from their concussions. He did try vestibular therapy and when that was too much he prescribed something to try to get her over the hump but she was just too nausea. He is very reassuring.

She has seen an osteopath here in Aptos and that was a good start. He is good and experienced. She also sees Dr Rozenn here in Santa Cruz who also has experience with mTBI.

My daughter's headaches are way, way down as well as her head pressure if she has a big day. For two years she could not read--too much effort to figure out what the words were. So after going to the Binocular Clinic at CAL and getting the prisms, her reading shouldn't be a burden.

As of this fall, my daughter's energy has gotten a lot better and she was able to swim to the bouys or paddle around the wharf without totally being wasted the next day.

(Note: she goes up to Active Care in SF because of a nasty case of quad. tendinosis, 3+ yrs). She was on scholarship for XC at a university in WA. We tried PRP twice. Active Care is the only PT that Dr Wall from SOAR would send us too. Yes, long drive. They are super--I can't stress this enough. Super knowledgable.)

After hearing my daughter tell the eye doc about her vision blacking out for a second when exercising...I went back to read up on the Buffalo protocol. This is when I read about the guy who had PCS symptoms but was diagnosed with a neck injury. (Yes, she got into big trouble from us for not telling us about the vision issue--car was taken away and she is now walking to her appointments)

So basically we have two more areas to rule out (plan D and F):
1. neck injury
2. hormones

You are right about not seeming like a doctor jumper. We have had bad experiences. I research who would be the best fit and most knowledgeable because of past neurologists being super hurtful. In addition, it's just so outrageously expensive--we've had to use her college $$.

(Yes she does CBT, 2.5 years, and is under a psychiatrist care)

We have not tried NUCCA but I did just email a doctor up in SF who is an instructor as well as a practitioner for the past 31 years. Good recommendations as well. Again, I just want to totally rule out a neck injury. I will keep you updated on the search once we make a decision.

Thank you for all your work you do here--I've been reading for years now. You are a comfort to those in pain and a "say-it-like-it-is for those who are pushing themselves too hard.

Thanks,
hopefulmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote