Thread: Muscle Atrophy
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had a pretty big work up - 2 LP's (1st one normal, 2nd one had some MS markers - elevated protein as well, but i had aseptic meningitis from IVIG.. so everyone has just thought the markers in it were due to the meningitis)..
i've had 5 emg's, and TONS of blood work.. VEP's (which were borderline) etc etc.. now it seems no one cares to figure it out, just try to keep treating it with IVIG.. everyone says it's something autoimmune.. GBS/CIDP has been considered, though the opitic neuritis isn't normal with that.. and then my emg/ncv are normal.. which points away from peripheral causes.... \
\

years ago I thought I had ON and had some strange dizzy spells and the hot water droplet sensations, I thought at that time " i bet I have MS"... but never thought much of it until 2 years ago when after having my son I got incredibly sick and ended up in the hospital with numbness, weakness etc.

I've seen numerous neurologists, rheumatologists etc.. but have been with the same ones the past 2 years now.. university ones.. but not having a firm diagnosis of anything is super mentally exhausting! the muscle atrophy freaks me out the absolute most... whatever I have gets better with IVIG though.. I seem to have attacks and improvements etc..
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote