View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 09:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Where to now?

I visited my GP yesterday. The Physio report is that my back has not responded to treatment and Physio is no longer a treatment option. Tick, another treatment plan out the window.

Now I really don't know what to do or even if there are any other options available. Apparently, it's not even worth having a new CT because no matter what it shows, I can't have treatment.

On top of that I had a fingerprick blood test for anaemia and my Hb is 95. It was 107 when I went into hospital for my usual treatment which is meant to stop my blood counts from falling. So, something has gone wrong there. I had to have an official laboratory test because of the low Hb and the GP will ring me on Sunday (he is Muslim and works Sundays instead of Fridays) with the results. It looks as if my bone marrow is failing again. Been there, done that....still alive! I can't count how many blood transfusions I've had. It would be in the hundreds.

My GP is a wonderful doctor...caring, smart, quick and best of all he has a great sense of humour. When my old GP retired I searched for a new GP that I could "click" with. After a couple of false starts I found Talib. At first I thought he was very quiet and reserved but extremely knowledgeable but it's been over a year now and his sense of humour is much more evident. I think he's just a little shy at first. Both my parents left their old GP and transferred to Talib as well and they are both happy with his care.

It's essential to have a good PCP on your side.
Myelogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote