View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
I'm going to cheat one day (at a time ) and call this my 500th day of living sober.

I can not stress enough how happy I feel compared to 500 days ago. It is simply amazing.

I also saved me 10,000 USD in whisky purchases. Well, it's virtual saving (d'oh!) but still, it's quite an impressive amount.

As for the PN: I just finished redecorating our main room; cleaning it out, move old stuff to the attic, remove floor, put in new floor, repair walls, put in new doors, even out walls around doors, 3 layers of paint (35 liters of paint in total), new lighting, put in new furniture... not bad for someone with PN. Some pain in the evening which is completely under control with medication, but then again, I suppose any 51 year old would feel a bit rough after this madness.

Weight also dropped to 94 kg now, which is scarily skinny. Can't remember ever being this skinny actually. Ho hum. Energy levels are through the roof.

Anyway: if you ever wonder if it's worth it to quit the booze: hell yes!

A very encouraging post Wide O, congrats on Day 500. I am at day 79 and love to read posts from those of you farther down the road. The numbness in my feet seemed a little worse that usual when i woke up just now, but your post put it all in perspective for me. thanks!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wide-O (10-25-2013)