Thread: TBI Therapy
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help TBI Therapy

I am a caretaker for a TBI survivor named Matthew. Matthew is the first TBI survivor i have worked with and i am looking for all the help i can get as far as the best activities for stimulation.

Matthew was in a very bad car accident about 6 years ago. Matthew is not paralyzed but has little control of his limbs. Matthew can feed himself, brush his teeth, wash his face and chest and operate his powerchair, but does little else.
For transfers i do a pivot transfer, he can bare weight but again has little control over moving his legs and feet. Matthew suffers from contractsures and hyperexstention.

Matthew has had pt, ot, and speech therapy over the course of his recovery but is always met with the "thats all we can do for you" attitude at a certain point. He is in ot and pt twice week but will be done next week.

Ive only been working with Matthew for about 8 months now, but im very dedicated in my work and want to see him reach his highest potential. I need suggestions, advice, and would love to hear similar stories.

Thank you for taking out your time to read and respond
sarahliz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote