View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I agree with you

From having my concussion I have spiralled into major depression and was hospitalised for a while.

What I didn't realise until I got help was that I've been depressed for a good few years although it was mild. I always just thought it was normal to feel the way I did and I was just 'one of those negative people'. My consultant helped me realise that I'd been struggling for a long time and it wasn't normal at all.

In my case, I can definitely say from the concussion my depression is steadily getting worse.

The way the psychiatrist explained it to me was like a set of scales. Most people are pretty balanced in the positive side and the negative side but I was slightly lopsided (more weight on the negative) but still managing to keep both sides off the ground. Then came the concussion and it was as if a massive weight was suddenly dropped into the negative side. The whole scale was knocked off kilter and the positive had no way to try to balance itself out again.

He explained it way better than what I just wrote but hopefully that makes sense!
Weyhey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ED (10-26-2013), Shazza (09-05-2014)