View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I cannot say if you have PN, but those symptoms sound fairly typical of PN. If it is progressing quickly then you need to be aggressive in trying to find a cause. Seeing the neurologist is important. He should do a physical exam on you and ask if there is any family history of neurological problems. I'm no expert, but an auto-immune disease might be a consideration when PN comes on quickly.

I have found Dr. John Hayes' podcasts very interesting: http://www.beatingneuropathy.com/

Although it is not a widespread belief (applied to PN), I believe a healthy diet, exercise, stress management, and support are very important to PN and a wide variety of illnesses that we find in modern times. If you are eating the typical Western diet (plenty of meat, dairy products, refined foods, not many unrefined plants) then you might work on this. Diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes type II, prostate cancer, etc. are being reversed with what I suggest. There are not any official studies applying this to PN as far as I know. Some of my PN symptoms reversed in a few months of eating a healthy diet & exercise. Authors I like are Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougal, Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn.

There is good info in the "Stickies" of this group, it's just a lot to read thru to find the gems.

Vitamin B-12 deficiency is high on the list for causing PN. You could safely take 1000 mcg (1mg) per day of the methylcobalamin form. Also see my attachments. Good luck, tell us how it goes. I'm sure some others will reply.
Ron

Last edited by Chemar; 10-25-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: attachments had copyright so not allowed as per guidelines
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
yupings (10-25-2013)