Thread: TBI Therapy
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
SarahLiz,

You are to be commended for taking on such a task. Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I have no specific knowledge or experience with this level of TBI. I would think he would benefit from continued PT and OT, even if it is done by a caregiver rather than a PT or OT. Can the PT and OT therapists show you some things to continue with ? How are his cognitive skills ? Does he suffer from head aches ?
Mark,
We do work on PT and OT at home as well. Rotating of the joints and bending. arms, legs, knees, ankles, hips, shoulders, at the elbow. He signals no for headaches and he is mostly cognitively aware. Very aware of his surroundings. Suffers from a good amount of memory loss. One thing ive discovered is the use of music for speech therapy. We listen to a lot of music through out the day and I began to notice he could sing along to short parts of songs. The slower parts came out louder and more clear. So I try to incorporate music into our day as much as possible. Thank you for taking time out to respond. its always good to hear back. Sometimes it feels like were alone in this. Wish you all the best
Sarah and Matthew
sarahliz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote