View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Additional symptoms I forgot to mention

Hi Ron, Thank you for your reply and information / links. I really appreciated this information and will look into it more.

In my previous post, I forgot to mention first symptoms which concerned me -the feeling of stiff brush sitting on the back of my #R thigh. The outcomes of my previous Prolapsed disc L5 and S1 left me with a 20cm numbness on my #R back thigh and weakness of my #L foot (unable to toe raise, now this has improved, I can now do it 5-6 times with single leg). These two areas are the first manifestation of my symptoms. Given the back of #R thigh is numb, when the sensation occur, I thought "Yipee I am getting my sensation back" how disappointed I was this is not the case and the constant buzzing feeling on my #L foot. I think when my PN strikes, it attacks the previous injury (weakest) first. All other symptoms come and go, only these two stay.

You mentioned about Vitamin 12 deficiency, my blood test - 1155 pmol, shows I have more than normal ranges of V 12, I was taking 2 B Complex with V12 (cyanocobalamin, will investigate the methylcobalamin form) total of 100mcg. When my blood test came back, it read 1155 pmol, I now stopped taking them, thinking too high??? V D3 is 78 (Dr prefers to see it increase to 100) and I am taking 2 X1000IU.

I think my diet is pretty good - fish 2 days a week, chicken and not much red meat and I also make my own vegetable juice. I also do daily stretching exercises- lower limbs and have just started my first spinal stabilization class.

What do you think about the above? Thanks again, Yu Ping.
yupings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote