View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

cyclist,

You said "I went to a chiropractor, but the tests he was conducting freaked me out as they heavily involved the jerking of my head. I haven't been back since." I have been seen by 15 + different chiros and never had a jerking type of testing. What techniques was the chiro supposedly using ?

I can understand how trying to hold still against body movements causes them to get worse. The stress chemicals and nerve signals cause these involuntary movements. It is best to try to relax out of the movements.

If they get so violent that your head shakes and jerks, I suggest you call your neuro and report these episodes.

You said "The main problem I face is I think these spasms are doing more harm than good as these somewhat violent spasms are forcing my brain in every which direction." I would never think muscle spasms could be beneficial. Mine are benign unless they cause pain.

Loretta, Don't worry about the gabapentin. It has a very good long term track record. I have been taking it for 13 years.

My best to you both.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote