View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default cervical tarlov cysts

hi.....new on here and from what I am reading, many of you are experiencing my frustration. I have been told my mri report shows at least 5 tarlov cysts, the largest being 1cm. they are at c6-c7, c7-t1 and t1-t2, which is exactly where my pain is. My major complaint other than the constant pain that radiates across and down my neck is burning constatntly. Today I actually had an appointment with the chairperson on neurosurgery at a major Chicago hospital. He totally disregarded the cysts stating they are seldom seen in this area and that they couldn't be causing my pain, blames it on arthritis. He wants me to do physical therapy and pain management. I asked him if it is arthritis, why doesn't advil at least dull the pain, he had no answer and told me several times that there was nothing for him to operate on, also wants me to have an emg for carpal tunnel? I was very frustrated and disappointed when I left there. Does anyone have any idea if that size cyst could be causing my pain? Thank you and I hate to hear so many suffering from this and if it's so rare in this area, why are there so many of us with this showing on mri's?
dbutton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote