View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 08:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy PCS and workers comp

I am an absolute wreck right now. I'm sure someone out there has been through something similar and can give me some advice.

Just a quick recap, I am a home health physical therapist and I was rear ended between patients in January. I got a concussion and have been dealing with PCS since. 2 months ago I was put on an antidepressant that really worked combating my depression. But I still suffer from a few migraines each week, irritability, delayed processing and poor short term memory. I was told that I would need to go back to work in January, out 1 year. So my psychologist and psychiatrist recommended that I get out every day and slowly increase the length of my trips and get back to the gym for light cardio bc my job is physically strenuous.

I just found out that my workers comp company has been following me and they feel that I am faking it bc I'm leading a normal life. But the problem is that I'm not....I'm living in a world of fake it til you make it.

I hate how I'm feeling right now. I am doing what I'm instructed to do and I'm getting punished at the same time. I would love to go back to work, I took a
$6k/month pay cut being on workers comp. I just feel helpless and guilty. I don't know how to snap myself out of this and stop crying. I think I'm more upset that they think I'm screwing the system than me having to go back to work.
NikkiG_PT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote