View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

A thorough NeuroPsych Assessment will include validity testing to check for malingering. You may be visibly able to function but the observer can not tell the misery and struggles you are having in your head.

The WC claims people need to watch the YouTube series by John Byler called You Look Great. He has further developed his presentation. Too bad WC will never see it.

It is amazing how WC and others think we want to take an 80% cut in pay just so we can avoid work. Do they ever think about how we end up so financially destitute that we can not afford to do anything enjoyable in our "free" time. I doubt they followed and observed you long enough to see your true routine and functions.

I can put up with and do just about anything for a short period, especially if I rest up and can rest afterward. The exception is sensory overload. It will shut me down within 10 to 20 minutes.

Have you read Attorney Gordon Johnson's www.tbilaw.com and www.subtlebraininjury.com web sites ? They are very informative.

btw, I scored near perfect in the validity tests (48 and 49 out of 50) and still the NeuroPsych claimed I was faking it. 37 and below is the starting threshold for a malingering diagnosis.

It is no consolation but just know that you are not alone. Many of us have been where you are right now. My work comp claim was denied even at the appeals level.

btw, What anti-depressant has worked for you ?

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote