View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 07:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Small Fiber Neuropathy:supplements?

Hi Guys!

I am so glad there is a place here with resources re treating peripheral neuropathy.Wednesday afternoon oral surgery took place to reduce the pain caused by a dental implant (titanium screw) which was so poorly placed in the jawbone that it actually injured sensitive tissue. Now I want to try whatever supplements or treatments which may enhance recovery from small fiber neuropathy.Since I have many allergies, I need to start slow and use caution.
Three different neurologists have agreed that Gabapentin will help.However I am looking for information/studies, others' experiences re the use of Gabapentin in promoting healing of the damaged small fibers.What are the benefits of long-term use of Gabapentin? Does the daily use of the drug help the nervous system recover? Can it hinder healing? My understanding is that neuropathy happens when the nervous system is out of whack due to prolonged exposure to extreme noxious stimuli.So I am looking into whatever supplements or therapy that can assist the whole nervous system in regaining its normal, healthy, pre-injury balance.I guess I am looking for guidance re a list of supplements that have proven helpful. Has anyone researched current studies re therapy (meditation, hypnosis,yoga,etc) that has helped in recovery?Spa therapy, a change of climate??Thanks...Elaine55
Elaine55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debra lynn (03-07-2014)