View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight17 View Post
Shoestringlover,

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been through, though it is encouraging to hear that surgery was the right decision for you!

Did you have nerve pain on both sides prior to surgery? I did on my right side- the one I had surgery on (it's now mostly gone)- but not on the left, just numbness and some hand weakness.

Also, how long did it take you post-op to get back to activities- work, light cardio, etc? I had an extremely difficult recovery on my first side because I had burning nerve pain for several months and had been in pain for a year and a half beforehand; without that, I think I might have felt better a little sooner, and I'm hoping this time may be easier.

I'm a little worried that all the work I've done on relieving tension is going to be undone because of how my neck will compensate after surgery. I did have Botox in my anterior scalene though...does anyone have thoughts on whether the muscles are already learning to compensate and recovery may be *slightly* easier in this respect or doesn't it make a difference?
I had bad nerve pain on both sides, although it was so intense on the left side, i barely noticed the right until after my left side was 'fixed'. Still waiting for that burning to go away...i dont know how long that will take. It is much less intense pain than before the surgeries. After the second surgery, I went back to work after four weeks which was probably a week too soon. I was surprised at how different the recovery was in small ways. If you have a good PT then they should be able to get you back after surgery. Good luck!
Shoestringlover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote