Thread: Agressiveness?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been having trouble eating and have lost almost 20lbs and not a healthy 20lbs and we haven't been able to figure out why. For some reason my body just stopped tolerating my AED's. I thought I was doing fine on the Depakote, now that weight loss makes sense. I was even fine on the trileptal for a long time until one day it just made me feel so toxic. And I know the feeling because when I was on tegretol that made me toxic and I had to stop the med. Ive been in this combo for almost 2yrs now. And yes vimpat was gonna be our next drug to try. Time to make an apt again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi tos8,

I've been on both trileptal and Depakote and the Depakote worked great for me along with taking mysoline (primidone) the only thing I had to watch was the blood platlet level and then that got so low plus I got anorexia from the Depakote so I had to go off the drug. Trileptal is just like tegretol and I understand what you mean by toxic because I had that problem a lot of the time while on trileptal. I was told not to eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice because the enzymes in the fruit could mess up the trileptal and when I had to take antibiotics for a bad cold forget it I ended up with the trileptal becoming toxic to the point where I couldn't even stand up by myself.
If you haven't tried it yet you might want to give Vimpat a try like I mentioned to you before it is really working well for me stopping my absence and complex partial sz. I take the vimpat with Diamox and mysoline twice a day. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!
Sue
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote