View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi Cristineh
I hope this will help you:
I will refer you to a neurologist down here in Florida. I see that you live in New Jersey, but this could be worth your effords.
This doctor is Dr. Khema Sharma. He is professor of neurology at The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. And he is specializing in Neuropathy. He is Co-Director of Electromyography Laboratory there.
Director of MDA Clinic, Neuropathy Clinic, Post Poli Clinic, Neurology

Here is the adress: Professional Building,
1150 NW 14 th Street, suite 609
Miami, Florida, 33136

Phon : 305-243-3100 or toll free 877-836-387or try 305-243-6732.

I am pretty sure they treat children there. There are many different clinics, there are also clinic there at U of Miami with genetic testing etc.

The reason I think he might help you, is that I have severe neuropathy, and was referred to him. I also had clubfoot as a child. I had surgery as baby, and repeat surgery at age 3 or so I think I can remember.
But I had some muscular atrophy of my leg. I am now (not young) but 64 years old.
The first thing this doctor fucused on when I first saw him, was the fact that I had a clubfoot, and some muscular atrophe of my leg, and sever neuropathy.

Apperently ( this was new to me) people with different genetic and cogenital defects, can develope sever neuropathy in their middle age.

I do not know, but let me know what you find out, perhaps there is a similar doctor up in your area, but you have to search for a doctor at a large teaching hospital etc.
I hope your daughter will be just fine
I have a lot of this diagnisis in my family, father,m cousin, sister's granddaughter etc. So, try to find out
Best regards
Kjellfrid
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote