Thread: Agressiveness?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 06:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi tos8,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time on different AED's (sz. meds) I've had the same problems as you have. I will be fine for awhile on a AED then everything goes down hill and the sz. start up again for me. I will say that I have found that taking the older AED's have helped me much more than some of the newer ones. Right now I'm on Diamox, Vimpat and Mysoline. I've been on mysoline for at least 30 yrs. and Diamox for over 20 yrs. the vimpat I've been on for 3 yrs. this March and I've only had 2 complex partial sz. and a lot less absence sz.

When I was on the brand name of Depakote which is Depakene I lost a lot of weight and that's when I found out that the drug can cause anorexia where a person will either gain or lose weight. I didn't have much of an appetiete
while on the Depakene all I ever wanted to do is eat junk food like potato chips with dip, pepperoni slices, and popcorn. I still would eat at least 2 meal a day then junk food in the evening. I found out the drug would burn off calories on some people no matter how much food they ate when other people gained the weight while on the drug it all depended on the person body chemistry. I wish you only the best of luck if you try the vimpat I found that if I took to high of a dosage it would cause me to have more sz. so I went from 200 mg. a day to 150 mg. a day and now I'm doing much better.
Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote