View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 08:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Tessa

I resorted to chocolate and whisky last night....certainly helped me get to sleep

Sorry youve got spread to both arms, that must be horrible. I hope you have lower pain today and that things calm down a bit for you. I have symptoms coming in my right hand after my laundry incident a few days ago, but so far my arm itself is ok. I was driving today and wondering if I'd be able to cope at the wheel if my right arm were as bad as my left. I wouldn't want to not feel safe, but I'd hate to lose my independence. Safety would have to come first, but that would be a BAD day...

I do get horrible burning in the evening, but I go to bed late and usually find that a couple of hours of mainly elevating my leg reduce the burn enough for me to get to sleep. I don't really have many techniques to deal with it, apart from elevating the quilt to keep it off my lower legs (pillow at end of bed lol), and warming the bed a bit before I get in - now its colder I find that if I get into a cold bed it will start the burning off again within five minutes. Thank goodness for electric blankets! Mind you, I hate it if the blanket is on too long and the bed is too warm - that can feel as bad Always such a fine line between comfort and pain...

Once I'm asleep I do tend to sleep through most nights at the moment, and tend to get 6-8 hours which is great compared to a few months ago. Finding some relaxation techniques that worked helped me so much with sleep. Thank you Bagpuss!

Take care and I hope you feel a little better soon. IHugs right back!

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote