View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

this should show with imaging , so is verifiable - if so that is a plus to know what might be the cause.. or part of the cause.

Has anyone helped you work on your posture?
I don't know if expert chiropractic might be helpful?
The one I found was very helpful and did PT modalities also.
ultrasound, low level laser, trigger point work, IF stimulation..etc..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply! Imaging with ultrasound did show the increases. Both sides are affected, though the left is more pronounced and also has more pain associated with it.

I worked on posture throughout my time in PT (1 year), but we had difficulty tackling the posture issue because of the synergy between my lower back pain (i.e. need to sit up straight) and my shoulder pain (pronounced if my shoulders and back aren't rounded forward, and couldn't get the tendons in the shoulder area to relax naturally to the normal position). I still do scapular stabilizations exercises, various back stretches, and tons of shoulder strengthening exercises to at least try to mitigate a bit of the pain.

I also had two massage sessions as a gift and those were wonderful! I have a lot of aches and soreness under my scapula and in my rib areas on my back, my neck is constantly stiff and sore to touch, etc. But, without the funds to really dedicate to going consistently, I tried to work on things myself. A foam roller helps some with the back and upper thoracic area, but the front shoulder area is harder to get to in general.

Brad
b_2790 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote