View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Tashi!
I have had numerous stellate ganglion blocks, cervical blocks (for pinched nerve in my neck) and lumbar blocks. I know they come with risk, but the SGB's helped me so much in the past, I was willing to try any block that the dr thought would help. I have RSD in my face, hands, feet, shoulders, left leg, left arm and trunk. The results of the lumbar blocks were mixed. The only reason I stopped getting them is because I devoped a bad reaction to the steroids. I never experienced spread from any blocks, I know ssome on here have, but I didn't. It was only with some of the SGB's that I was sedated, but I would rather not be because that is one less needle. Besides, the pain from the procedure is only brief and temporary. I had botox in my face/head for migraines. It helped the pain a lot, but I had an allergic reaction to it

I even got two SCS's implanted in 2011. Even though I am having some issues with them now, I am glad that I got them. They allowed me to get thru another 1 1/2 years of work. They even helped me have more movement in my limbs and helped with desensitization. I know they are not for everyone as we all respond differently.

Anyway, I hope you can find some relief soon!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote