View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 06:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,
I'm so very sorry to hear about your girlfriend. There are quite a few people on here who will be able to give you some really good advice.

I suffered a severe concussion in late March, a whole bunch of symptoms, terrible disorientation, slowed thinking, words not coming out correctly, depression, massive headaches, I'd be sitting in a chair and just "pass out" then wake up 15 mins later...on and on, it is very scary. I felt as though I was severely brain damaged, totally different. Every day I felt as though I was getting worse.

Read all you can on this forum, it will help you a lot.

I was an avid hiker and after the concussion couldn't even go for a walk, the brain has to heal, I paid dearly by trying to go for a small hike, set me back for days.

Other more experienced folks will answer your sleeping question, I was told to rest (I had physical injuries so in the end had to rest) but not to sleep all day.

I was in PT and Vestibular therapy which helped. I know various places have a sliding scale for fees.

My headaches were torture for days at a time, I can say they have improved, quite often I had to lie down in a dark room, just had to.

Your girlfriend must not try to do a lot right now, so hard I know but it has to be done.

You are definitely in the right place, it has really helped me, thank God your girlfriend has you, and I know this is very, very difficult for you too.

Please let us know how your girlfriend is doing? Take good care of yourself, my husband was/is going through so much with all this too.
dagma1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Agent007tj (10-29-2013), poetrymom (10-29-2013)